Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fourth week at Ability Camp

We are now entering our fourth week and things are getting much easier now. The children seem to have accepted what is expected of them and they don't put up as much of a fight anymore. Some days they even seem to enjoy it.
Though I'm getting excited to be able to go back home to my wonderful husband and our 5 1/2 month old son Cameron. 

Cameron with his party hat celebrating Ryan's 2nd birthday before he goes off to camp.

 I'm also sad to leave. I've made some great frineds during this time that I hope to stay in touch with afterwards. Also I'm going to miss the other children I love them all as if they were my own. They are all great kids even though a certain one likes to band his head on the wall and keep me up all night ;) It'll feel different to wake up and not say good morning to them as we enter the kitchen or not hearing their laughter up and down the halls as the chase eachother. We are all hoping to stay in touch and to visit in the summer and see each one's progress. 
Today we decided to go on an outing so he bundled up all the kids and took a walk to the lake. We borrowed the camps sleds but one of them had a string that wasn't long enough so it keep throwing Hudson off. It took us probably about 30-45mins one way lol we had such a hard time walking through the snow but it was fun. The children just loved it. All of us women were complaining about our leg and back pain and here's Shaun just trotting a long pulling two kids not even breaking a sweat........



Ryan, Rhett, Brody and Hudson in the sleighs waiting to go.


My little cutie waving...........super excited about being in his sled.