Monday, March 28, 2011

Ryan drinks from a sippy cup!

Last week Ryan's Speach and Occupational Therapist came to our house to have an in home session. We discussed our goals for Ryan and what we should start to work on next. Since Ryan has been very successful with self feeding we figure communication and having him learn to drink from a straw giving him more independance would be the next steps. Today while I was out I came across a sippy cup with a pliable straw.....so I thought I'd give it a try. Ryan gave me a hard time since he's not a big fan of change but eventually he gave in since I'm more determined than he is :) Today has been great he has drank from it three times today therefore I think he'll be adjusted to it completely in the next couple of days. Yay Ryan!! Since Ryan was unable to lift a bottle with both hands it made self drinking impossible now he'll be able to hold the handles and sip from the straw!

Ryan drinking from his new sippy cup that has a straw :)

Ryan enjoying being able to drink by himself now!!

This is the sippy cup that Ryan is now using it has a pliable straw which is a great transition from a bottle or sport sipper with a nipple that sort of resembles a straw. He has leart to drink from this within days. I recommend it to parents that can't get their children off a bottle or have sucking difficulties. It's a Nuby product sold almost anywhere.