Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ryan's BIG boy bed :)

Yesterday Cary and I purchased a used toddler bed for Ryan. It's a little tikes race car bed the one that fits the crib mattress. I figure it's low enough that if he were to topple out he wouldn't harm himself. He has been improving so much that I thought well lets try.....if you don't teach them they won't learn right! So we picked it up cleaned it all up and set it up in Ryan's room. We put a bed rail on it so that he wouldn't fall out while sleeping but I still feared he'd start to play around and fall out over the rail. Also we put down foam squares with a big comforter for extra padding. Last night he went to bed no problem with his woody doll....I tucked him in and closed the door. We have a video monitor that we turned on so that we could keep an eye on him to make sure that he was up trying to get out and what not. I went in 10 mins later and he was sleeping and slept the whole night in it. Way to go Ryan!